Custom Loading Arms
As industries have become more aware and responsive to environmental issues, loading systems offer a sound solution to the extremely critical process of transferring hazardous products from bulk-storage tanks to rail or road vehicles. Custom loading arms are manufactured with regard to the unique application and custom-design specifications of the customer. In order to design an application-specific custom loading arm, the following are considered:
- Liquid product to be handled (temperature and pressure)
- Type of tank or container to be used
- Flow rate
- Adequate capacity without excessive pressure drop
- Physical facility dimensions and limitations
- Adequate horizontal and vertical range
- Ease of operation/maintenance
- Special requirements
- Factory pre-assembly and testing
Within the limits of design and functionality, nothing is too special. As industries have become more aware and responsive to environmental issues, loading systems offer a sound solution to the extremely critical process of transferring hazardous products from bulk storage tanks to rail or road vehicles. All units can be factory pre-assembled and tested, and all OPW Engineered Systems products are built to the highest quality standards.
Vapor Recovery Loading Arms
OPW Engineered Systems offers the world’s most complete line of Top Loading Vapor Recovery Solutions. With the variations in transports that exist today, it’s important to partner with a company that has the experience, the technologies and the breadth of product to meet any application. From a simple Fixed Reach Style Loader to a complex dual-line pneumatically actuated system; OPW has you covered.
Steam Jacketed Loading Arms
OPW Engineered Systems offers the world’s most complete line of Steam Jacketed Loading Arm Solutions. All OPW Loading Arms can be fully or partially jacketed for efficient handling of asphalt, molten sulfur, waxes, resins and other products that are highly viscous or tend to solidify at ambient temperatures.
- Top & Bottom Designs available
- Custom designed based on product, temperature, reach and flexibility of your application
- Rugged construction in carbon steel or stainless steel
- Available in 2”, 3”, 4” and 6” sizes
Custom Insulation Packages
OPW can provide a Custom Insulation Package designed specifically for your loading arm. Unlike field-applied insulation, these packages are completely removable and reusable, making them the ideal solution for loading arm use.
- Removable & Reusable
- Safer – Heated arms can pose a potential burn hazard to operators. OPW Insulation Packages ensures that the loading arm is properly insulated to protect your personnel.
- Superior Heat Retention
- Inner Jacketing – 17 oz/sq. yd Teflon® Impregnated Fiberglass Cloth
- Outer Jacketing – 17 oz/sq. yd Teflon® Impregnated Fiberglass Cloth
- Insulation – 2” THK, low-density Fiberglass
- Thread – Teflon®-coated Fiberglass Thread
- Attachments – Teflon® Cloth Belts with stainless-steel double-D rings; drawstring flaps with Nomex Cord
- I.D. Tags – Stainless-steel embossed
Pneumatically Actuated Arm
All OPW Loading Arms can be outfitted with Pneumatics to help make operations simpler, safer and more efficient. Pneumatically-actuated loading arms utilize air to counterbalance the arm and provide movement in a variety of planes. Arm could be outfitted with a single pneumatic cylinder for up-down movement, or multiple units for the ultimate in loading arm operation.
Easy to operate/maneuver.
Air-controlled actuation eliminates strenuous pushing, pulling or lifting.
Available with precision control package for easy start-up and operation.
Provided in lieu of standard composite material, Aluminum option is ideal for more rugged applications.
Protective Cylinder Rod Bellows
Helps protect cylinder rod from dust, dirt, moisture and most other environmental contaminants. Features a specially formulated polyurethane material that has a high resistance to most petroleum products, chemicals, and also has excellent resistance to ozone, and ultra-violent light.
Position Indicator (reed Switch)
Confirms that the loading arm is in the correct position. Provides permissive to PLC. Easily positioned to suit your installation.
Stainless Steel Cylinder & Mounts
Provided in lieu of standard plastic tubing, provides a much more rugged system.
Stainless Steel Tubing
Ideal for extremely corrosive environments.
The ultimate fail-safe. Immediately locks the cylinder rod in the event of a catastrophic air failure.
By-Pass Loading Arms
OPW By-Pass Loading Arms are designed to be a low-cost alternative to arms constructed of Hastelloy, Alloy 20, and other specialty metals used to transfer hydrochloric acid and other corrosive chemicals.
- Easy operation
- Can be configured as a ‘hose handler’ to greatly improve hose loading operation
- Excellent alternative for ‘Food Grade’ applications where swivel joints cannot be used
- Liquid ‘by-passes’ inlet swivel joint, no metal wetted parts
- Available in 2”, 3” & 4” sizes
Variety of configurations to fit your application
Drum / Tote Loading Arms
OPW Drum/Tote filling arms are ideal for loading all types of intermediate bulk containers (55-gallon drums, totes).
- Eliminates ground contamination caused by unsafe exposed hoses
- Increases productivity – easy operation ensures faster loading
- Improved Safety – No more lifting of hoses
- Increases equipment life- hoses need to be replaced often, loading arms don’t
- Available in 1” and 2” sizes
- Available in a variety of materials & styles to fit your